Were We've Been... And an update
Well, I think it's fair to say that our website has been neglected recently! We had some trouble accessing the site editor for a while (password issues), and currently we operate primarily using social media; Instagram and Facebook. So here's a blow by blow of what's been happening since we disappeared!
1) I've joined the #iWill Movement, as one of the 2022 iWill Ambassadors, and got to attend an awesome introductory weekend in Southhampton, where I met many amazing young activists.
2) We're now onto Project Pristine #23- we haven't had many cleanups recently, as we were set back by COVID, and over the last two years my GCSEs have been taking up a fair amount of time, but we're trying to get back on track.
3) So far we've hit just under 3 tonnes in the amount of litter collected.
4) I've spoken in front of the year 9 and 10 pupils in my school about the importance of social action and how to start a movement.
5) Protect Our Pristine Seas is now on the Power of Youth Charter, which can be seen at https://www.iwill.org.uk/organisations/list-of-charter-signatories/
We'll be trying to get a beach clean sorted for the summer, or new school year at the very latest! At the moment my main focus is my school work. I'm currently in the middle of my exams, and it's been pretty all-go since Christmas, with practical exams, orals, mocks and more, and I have various music exams coming up too, so forgive me if I've been less active lately!
I'm working on getting administrative control for the Facebook page (I haven't been old enough up until now).
Keep an eye on our social media page for any posts about upcoming events.
Bye for now!
Leave a Reply.
I am an ocean enthusiast with a mission to help protect our pristine seas.