The Sea Otter
5 Facts on the Sea Otter
1. Sea Otters are found along coastlines of the Pacific Ocean, from the United States and Canada to Eastern Russia.
2. They weigh between 49 and 100 pounds and grow up to 4 feet.
3. Sea otters spend the majority of their time floating on the surface either eating or grooming themselves.
4. Sea otters rely on thick fur to keep them warm and have nearly one million strands per square inch.
5. Sea otters remain close to shorelines in waters up to 75 feet deep.