The Leafy Sea Dragon
5 Facts on The Leafy Sea Dragon
1. The Leafy Sea Dragon can only be found in the waters of southern Australia up to 82 ft deep.
2. These creatures live up to 9 years, four years longer than their relatives, the seahorses.
3. Divers used to take them as pets, so the government in South Australia has made them an entirely protected species.
4. They have no predators, because of their sea-weed like skin that helps them blend in with their surroundings.
5. They slurp up their food, using their long snouts as a straw.